JXD 990 Auto-Dimming Problem, Help

Various capture device's for your computer.

Moderator: Moderator

JXD 990 Auto-Dimming Problem, Help

Unread postby zenno » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:29 am

Hello all. I recently purchased the Bresser 5x50 night-vision scope and also the JXD 990 DVR recorder.
I have noticed that when capturing planets or stars, they look dark in the centre with a white glow around them instead of a clear solid ball of light.

I assume this problem to be with the Auto-Dimming on the DVR recorder as I have looked in all settings to disable it but cannot find any setting to turn it off.
I was wondering if any-one else has this problem, and if it is possible to correct this issue. I took a short video of the problem so you can see the problem. Thanks for any help forwarded.

zenno
Novice
Novice

Re: JXD 990 Auto-Dimming Problem, Help

Unread postby ufoflicks » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:47 pm

I am assuming that when watching the image directly that problem is not there? Have you tried to record the video signal using something different and see if the problem is really in the DVR? Because it could be a problem with the Bresser, I have seen that problem in other night visions setups.
The anomalies observed at night are the same ones
observed in daylight, when then you will get the best
images of them: in daylight or at night?

Progress always have been made by proving the experts wrong.

Dual Optical Systems: The Best Tool for Atmospheric Surveillance:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irtLjxe2Si4
ufoflicks

Unread postby zenno » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:36 am

When I look through the bresser night-vision scope the problem is not there, everything looks normal, but once I connect the JXD DVR I can see this problem, as well as in record. I don't have any other setup but will try to find something to test the bresser on.
zenno
Novice
Novice

Unread postby zenno » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:17 am

Well I managed to find a hand-held pocket sized camera but I could only hold it to the bresser night-vision eye-piece as it doesn't have video-in. The night-vision scope is fine and not showing the anomaly the dvr JXD shows, so it seems like the JXD is the issue. I'm almost sure it got to do with the auto-dim setting in the JXD but I just cannot figure out a cure for the problem...

[YouTube]http://youtu.be/ciMFkN12p1k[/YouTube]
zenno
Novice
Novice

Unread postby ufoflicks » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:52 pm

zenno wrote:When I look through the bresser night-vision scope the problem is not there, everything looks normal, but once I connect the JXD DVR I can see this problem, as well as in record. I don't have any other setup but will try to find something to test the bresser on.

When you say "but once I connect the JXD DVR I can see this problem, as well as in record" can you be a little more precise, where do you "see this problem", and if you connect a DVR that means that you have a video out, through that video out you can connect any video recording device, even a computer/laptop with a USB video capture card, unless you test the video out in another video recording device you can not be sure. You can even plug that video out in some monitor and/or tv set with standard video input.
The anomalies observed at night are the same ones
observed in daylight, when then you will get the best
images of them: in daylight or at night?

Progress always have been made by proving the experts wrong.

Dual Optical Systems: The Best Tool for Atmospheric Surveillance:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irtLjxe2Si4
ufoflicks

Unread postby zenno » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:25 pm

ufoflicks wrote:
zenno wrote:When I look through the bresser night-vision scope the problem is not there, everything looks normal, but once I connect the JXD DVR I can see this problem, as well as in record. I don't have any other setup but will try to find something to test the bresser on.

When you say "but once I connect the JXD DVR I can see this problem, as well as in record" can you be a little more precise, where do you "see this problem", and if you connect a DVR that means that you have a video out, through that video out you can connect any video recording device, even a computer/laptop with a USB video capture card, unless you test the video out in another video recording device you can not be sure. You can even plug that video out in some monitor and/or tv set with standard video input.

Sorry about that... When I look through the night-vision scope on it's own with my eye to the eyepiece The stars look solid white and perfect as it should look.

Then when I connect the JXD dvr to the night-vision, This is when I can see the problem on-screen. This problem only occurs when I connect the JXD DVR camera to the night-vision scope. As soon as I connect the JXD to the night-vision scope the JXD screen shows the problem.

PS. I made a mistake in my previous comment regarding the TV-IN, I meant video out as you said. My setup is the exact same as UFO HUNTER on this site just for extra information.

Basically the bresser night-vision scope is working perfect and shows planets and stars perfectly, but it's just when I connect the JXD into the bresser scope that the JDX screen/monitor shows the stars like a doughnut, a dark hole in the middle.

I don't have the proper connections to try the bresser on another tv or anything else. I'll put a cable together in a few minutes if I find the right connections, I should have some in the spare electronic components bag I have.
zenno
Novice
Novice

Unread postby zenno » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:48 pm

OK, I just found a few connectors and cable, setting them up now to connect the bresser to the portable TV. I'll see if the problem happens with this TV.
zenno
Novice
Novice

Unread postby zenno » Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:42 pm

I have just connected the bresser to the portable TV with the home-made avi cable, and I have to say that the problem is not there, it works very well and no anomalies at all.

The picture clarity looks a lot better live than the recording below. Well, It seems that the JXD 990 that I have is faulty so I might take it apart and see if I can fix it. Pity the TV is so big because it would be Ideal for a monitor for the night-vision, well if it had a built-in record function...

[YouTube]http://youtu.be/qKlbAthsxTM[/YouTube]
zenno
Novice
Novice

Unread postby DarkSatellite » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:45 pm

Hey Zenno,

I also have a JXD990 and my device shows exactly the same symptoms as yours. I've tried it on the Yukon NR and Pulsar 550 and obtained the same results from both. So I think that its fair to say that it definitely isn't related to the quality of the AV output from the NV device, and certainly isn't unique to your own JXD990. Unfortunately, I haven't found a resolution to the issue, but I hope this information provides a little context.

Cheers,

DS
Equipment

Meade LX200 8ACF
Samsung Techwin SHC-750
Samsung Techwin SHC-737
Samsung SCB-4000
Sony HDR-HC1
iGen 20/20 IC
Pulsar Recon 550
Yukon Night Ranger
Luna Optics LN-DM50-HRSD
JXD990
Angel Eye
Canon Powershot SX-50
Aspire 5750 / Easycap 2.0
ASUS X102B / EasyCap 2.0
Weifeng WF-717
Manfrotto MKC3-H01
DarkSatellite
Veteren
Veteren

Return to Capture devices

You must be a Registered User to Chat in the Shoutbox
sure, just put you as regular member for posting attachments...
navajojimmy
Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:37 pm
I am new here...this is my first time to know about this site. My husband was sent some photos about 3 days ago. I was wondering if i can share them with you?
kimcam
Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:16 pm
Please help with my cable issue in capture devices section cheers
omni13
Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:03 am
ok will do..I ordered a few step rings and hopefully I can use them because the adapter I ordered from ATN does not work on my camcorder...ill get it figured out...if I have any more questions ill use the corasponding forum
XxNOVAxX
Tue May 06, 2014 8:23 am
XxNOVAxX please post in the forum sections your questions...i have a night spirit 2 gen also and it is easy to mount with adapters
navajojimmy
Mon May 05, 2014 5:04 pm
I look forward to gettingto know everyone....ive been interested in Amature Astronomy for many years and plan on using my 10inch Telescope for filming some of my upcoming videos but thereis still alot for me to learn so any tips or info regarding the filming of what we all know is ture....(UFOs) I really will appreciate it.....Thanks
XxNOVAxX
Mon May 05, 2014 2:57 pm
I have a sony DCR-SR82 Handycam and a night spirit 2 and I cannot find a way to get the scope to attach to the 30mm threads...can anyone help me with suggestions to get this set up to work
XxNOVAxX
Mon May 05, 2014 12:10 pm
DarkSatellite
Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:33 pm
cheers :)
omni13
Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:44 pm
OK those should work
navajojimmy
Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:26 pm
broken link jim?
omni13